Saturday, January 10, 2015

Once Upon a Time in Bricktown

Underneath the sky of Oklahoma City, there I stood, watching the bright blue, cloudless sky.

An imaginary dwarf, always following me side by side, seemed to be tired already by the 5,6 miles walking we took so far that day. Nevertheless, she had never been happy whatsoever, therefore I didn't pay her too much of any notice.

"I'm hungry. Can't walk anymore. Need some cozy stuffs for my mouth," she grumbled for the fifth time in two last hours.

"Anything you like," I shrugged. "But I want to eat in that house," while pointing at an Oklahoman spaghetti house.

We strolled along the small, red brick bridge separating us from the restaurant.

The name of this district was The Bricktown, such a leisure spot in Oklahoma City where you could find restaurants, city's basketball stadium and centre, cannals and recreational boats, artistic statues... I enjoyed the scenery of mighty equestrian cowboys all along the river banks; they said they were built by some rich men of Oklahoma a hundred years ago.

The hottest part of Bricktown, is, of course, the photoshoot spot-which is like, EVERYWHERE. One of my favorite shot was the hanging police marking.

So the spaghetti was good, the waiter looked like Cadbury from Richie Rich the Movie, although I didn't really enjoy the cheesy dressing.


No comments: